This Accessibility Statement applies to the service www.riista.fi. The website is subject to the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which requires that all public online services must be accessible.
The Accessibility Statement was drafted/updated on September 26, 2023. We shall update the statement as we rectify shortcomings.
An external expert, Vincit Oy, has assessed the accessibility of the website.
State of the Accessibility of the Digital Service
Generally meets the accessibility requirements.
The website does not yet meet all the requirements, which means that the users may still face some accessibility issues on the website. The following contains a list of the known accessibility issues. Please let us know if you find any accessibility issues on the website that are not on the list.
- Some attachments (e.g. PDF, DOC and ODT files) are not yet accessible. Some files published before September 23, 2018 are non-accessible attachments that do not fall within the scope of the applicable accessibility legislation. We strive to make files accessible as they are updated.
- Archived content, such as newsletters, blog posts, and statistical and research data. Accessibility requirements do not apply to content archived before September 23, 2019.
- Maps that are not meant for navigation purposes are non-accessible. Such maps do not fall within the scope of the applicable accessibility legislation.
- Audio recordings published before September 23, 2020 do not fall within the applicable legislation. The “Sorkkia ja sarvia” podcast from the ”Hirvitalousaluetoiminnan kehittäminen” project will not be accessible even after this date. We claim a disproportionate burden as to the said content.
- Content is linked from the website to social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) administered by the Finnish Wildlife Agency. Accessibility requirements do not apply to photos or videos published before September 23, 2020. The sites in question contain publications with photos and videos that lack text alternatives, subtitles, or audio description.
- Event and contact information search.
- Facsimiles of brochures and guidebooks are not accessible. We claim a disproportionate burden as to the said content. When asked we try to provide the content in accessible form.
If you encounter accessibility issues on the website, please give feedback first to the site administrator i.e. the Finnish Wildlife Agency. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with our reply, or if you do not receive a response within two weeks, please file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Detailed information on how to file a report and how the matter will be handled is available on the Agency’s website.
Contac Information of the Supervisory Authority
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Supervisory Unit for Accessibility
tel. (switchboard) +358 295 016 000